Monday, October 12, 2015

What is a school counselor?

Jennifer Hearne 
 Positive Steps Class 
 Early Childhood and Lower School Counselor 


What is a school counselor? 
The school counselor is a key resource person in your school who has special training in child growth and development, occupational and educational information. Counselors are committed to the social, emotional and academic well-being of all students. Counselor responsibilities include working with students in large and small groups, working with students individually, consulting with and supporting faculty, and talking with parents. 


Who sees the school counselor? 

 Everyone! The school counselor is here for every student, teacher, and parent who is part of the Collegiate community. The school counselor is a resource for you and your child to use! 

How can I contact the counselor?
 I am at Collegiate on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Feel free to stop by my office anytime. I am located in the Early Childhood main office. You can also email or call me with any questions. Students are welcome to talk to their teacher to make an appointment or leave a note for me in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment